Listen to audio samples of all of the different tunings below:
We've looked far and wide and these may be the most beautiful wind chimes we've come across - perfectly tuned to provide the ultimate in sound "therapy". Once you've heard them we think you'll agree. The sounds of these chimes are also designed to complement other Music of the Spheres Chimes and create a virtual symphony in your backyard.
Proudly made in the USA, Music of the Spheres has been in business for over twenty-five years. These chimes have beautiful tones and excellent resonance. All Music of the Spheres chimes are handmade with careful attention to detail in the design and assembly. They are made to be durable and weather resistant and will provide many years of enjoyment.
The hand-cut tempered aluminum alloy tubes and wind-catcher have a corrosion-protective matte black finish that is custom manufactured to exact specifications and will never rust. The centrally suspended aluminum tubes along with the solid polyethylene clapper and heavy gauge polished stainless steel suspension ring gives the chime its soothing yet dramatic tone. The tough synthetic braid cordage is highly resistant to abrasion, ultra-violet degradation, rot and mildew.
- The Pentatonic's familiar melodic tones mix beautifully in different sizes (voices) and also blend well with the Hawaiian and Westminster wind chime tunings.
- The Japanese Wind Chime has a soothing tone yet provocative tone. The Japanese Wind Chime provides distinctive eastern scales and their sound harmonizes best with other Music of the Spheres Japanese Chimes of varying sizes.
- The Mongolian Wind Chime has lovely and lively eastern tones which are reminiscent of church and temple bells.The Mongolian's lively tones mix beautifully in different sizes (voices) and also blend well with the Aquarian wind chime tuning.
- The Quartal Wind Chime has smooth and serene tones that have captivated many American composers. The Quartal Wind Chime is a musical palindrome that is based on interval tones of fourths and fifths. The Quartal's smooth tones mix beautifully in different sizes (voices).
- The Hawaiian Wind Chime has a Polynesian flair that is reminiscent of a tangy sweet and sour sauce with a tropical island breeze. The Hawaiian Wind Chime combines the best of major and minor Pentatonic scales. The Hawaiian's Polynesian flavored tones mix beautifully in different sizes (voices) and also blend well with the Pentatonic and Westminster wind chime tunings.
- The Nashville® Wind Chime is an original tone composition. It encompasses the complexities of the major seventh and ninth intervals of a pedal steel guitar. The Nashville® Mezzo Wind Chime evokes the serenity of a peaceful Highland Rim sunset and mix beautifully in different sizes (voices).
- The ancient Gypsy scale is still used widely from northern Africa to the Baltic region. Its exotic mix of piquant strains and haunting melodies blends well with the Japanese.
- The Balinese scale recreates the magical strains of the Indonesian gamelon, at once joyous and plaintive. Its refreshing tones blend beautifully with the Chinese and Japanese Wind Chimes from Music of the Spheres.
- Whole Tone - Claude Debussy began composing with this atonal scale; used, for example, in his piece, "La Mer". TV and film scores frequently feature it for underwater, dream, and "flashback" scenes, and television's original "Star Trek" used this unique tuning in the "beaming up" sequences.